IK Multimedia's iRig Pro I/O

IK Multimedia's iRig Acoustic Stagem
“Almost all people are hypnotics.
The proper authority saw to it that the proper belief should be induced and the people believed properly.”
— Charles Hoy Fort

Friday, June 10, 2011

SUPERAntiSpyware Actually IS Super! Who Knew?

While minding my own business reading a thread on ATS yesterday, a member posted within it a recommendation for an anti-spy app that I had not heard of. He said simply that it was “the best.”

Now, I’ve got top stuff by the AVG folks, and it is very satisfactory, and I also use Malwarebytes as an adjunct to it for occasional checking. I used to use Ad-Aware as well but the new version just would not run.

I figured, hey, why not try this, ATS being what it is and all.

I had recently tried some of Sophos’ stuff and was disappointed, especially as one of them actually loaded a terrible Silverlight-zapping ActiveX nasty on my rig! I mean, WTF is up with that?

So I tried the free version.

And... I was amazed. It’s called SUPERAntiSpyWare. I ran it and it promptly found TWO crawlies on my rig that had, apparently, flown right by my other stuff. Well, it actually detected four, really... but those two I mentioned were the bad kind of crawly.

Me impressed! Seriously! Cue the A-Team theme!

I will actually be buying the full version of this shortly, as it adds a couple of interesting features I want to try in addition to the real-time hacker-whacking. Rest assured... being mostly skint, broke and damn near destitute and most of the time unemployed to boot, it takes something damn good to get me to part with 30 bucks.

“SUPERAntiSpyware, with over 20 million users worldwide, is the most thorough scanner on the market. Our Multi-Dimensional Scanning and Process Interrogation Technology will detect spyware other products miss! Easily remove pests such as Vundo, TDSS, AntiVirus Pro 2010, and thousands more! Repair broken Internet Connections, Desktops, Registry Editing and more with our unique Repair System. Our Dedicated Threat Research Team scours the web for new threats and provides daily definition updates.”

Being online from the very beginning as I have been, tolerance for the dark side of the interwebs is simply not present in me soul anymore... at all... and I try programs as I discover them. I would rather try a guillotine, but, you know. Anything to give a fighting chance, especially as I am a web designer. My rig needs to be clean. I think this new one (to me) is a keeper... and yes it really did surprise me.

Peace.

No comments: